Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gratitude.

On Tuesday night I was driving home from Young Women's. When I was about a half a mile from home I saw headlights in my lane. Someone (I am guessing a drunk) was driving on the wrong side of the road and headed straight for me. I remember having enough time to panic and register that someone was about to hit me head on.
Somehow that car did not hit me. They were still in my lane, but my Heavenly Father was watching out for me. By some miracle my car swerved perfectly around them without driving off of the bridge I was on, without heading into oncoming traffic, and without hitting the car I should have by all means hit dead on. The driver had turned a corner suddenly and it was night-- there was no way I had time to react that fast or that well. While I was scared my Heavenly Father took the wheel. I am so grateful for that.
I know my Heavenly Father loves me because He is with me every second watching out for me, because I am his daughter and he knows me personally.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sarah - that's amazing! I'm so glad he was watching over you. Too bad you weren't able to get that guy's license plate number! What a jerk!

    ReplyDelete